Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 24

Look! Who's got a new Kate Spade?
--Cut Nury Hikmah Sabry, Gadjah Mada University

Yesterday, we went to the biggest mall in the United States east of the Mississippi River- King of Prussia Mall. Since I am not fond of shopping, I was even more overwhelmed when we went to this mall because of its enormous size. However, it was a still a great chance for me to show our Indonesian friends just how much Americans like to shop. After window shopping for a couple of hours, we were off to Mama Debra’s house for an all-American cookout! We were warmly welcomed by Mama Debra and her family. We did a very American thing, and shucked corns, grilled burgers and hotdogs, ate watermelons, and roasted some marshmallows for some s’mores! The cookout was just fun and delicious! 
Thanks Mama Debra!
--Theresa Mejia, Lehigh University

The Lovely Sunday: From Sunday Catholic Service, King Prussia Mall to Cookout at Mom Nyby’s Home

Honestly, I was having a little bit disappointment to Lloyd. Why? Because when he invited us to attend this catholic service he mentioned that it because he was having conversation about that with Cindhi. But actually it was not Cindhi he was having conversation with. It’s me. I who asked him to see the church and services because I have never been inside the church before and it really made me curious. I didn’t say anything at that time because I was so sad he didn’t remember me and also because I am a person who cannot say frankly what I felt. I, sometimes, just cannot verbalize what’s inside my head. It stuck in there and I hate myself for that :'(

Well, actually that’s not a big deal because finally I went thoughJ. Thank you so much, Daddy Lloyd. That morning, Lloyd took the Indonesians girl with our faculty to see the mass. It was a very beautiful church with all the pretty sculptures but I hardly understand what the priest said when he was giving the sermon. One interesting that I found at the mass that there is rarely young men who attend the service. There is only one girl at the mass, the rest is the elder. We got to see the service from the beginning to the end for one hour.

In the noon, Stacy and Jenn took us to King Prussia Mall for shopping. We had a great time there. Who doesn’t love shop right? I would say Ola was the Queen of shopping that day. I only bought one $2 shirt there because I wanted to spend my money for souvenir in New York. We had lunch in Mall’s food court then heading to Mom Nyby’s home for cookout.

When we arrived, we were welcomed by Mom Nyby and her daughter. There were already arrived Malaysian students too, who are under supervision of Mom Nyby, her husband, her daughter Alicia and her fiancĂ©e. Mom Nyby’s home is very beautiful and homey. She has this beautiful backyard too. We had the cookout there. There were delicious food and I am so happy because of their hospitality. We had a lot of talk with the Malaysian students. We played badminton too and then some of us continued to watch ‘The Witness”. I ate a lot and that was my first time of experiencing dinner cookout. I am so happy. What a lovely evening!

--Cut Nury Hikmah Sabry 
Picnic at Mama Nyby's

No comments:

Post a Comment